Hospice of Southern West Virginia has the following open position(s):
Social Services Coordinator
Hospice of Southern West Virginia is seeking a full-time Social Services Coordinator to provide strong leadership to medical social workers and bereavement staff. This position is responsible for daily team operations and directing the overall operation of the social services department.
The ideal candidate will have a Masters in Social Work (MSW) from an accredited school of social work, supervisory experience, two or more years of clinical experience, one year of hospice or health care experience.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in interviewing, hiring, and supervising social workers and bereavement staff.
- Provides oversight and consultation to social workers and bereavement staff. Assist with providing direct services when necessary.
- Ensure that all social services are provided as needed and within required time frames.
- Demonstrate collaboration, professionalism, and ability to work with all health care providers.
- Demonstrate ability to work with people of all social, economic and cultural backgrounds and is flexible, open minded and adaptable to change.
- Demonstrate a knowledge of end of life resources, advance directives, patient rights, living wills, etc.
- Demonstrate appropriate problem-solving skills.
- Completes performance and clinical competency evaluations for department.
- Teach and mentor new team members.
- Triage daily needs and crisis situations.
- Partner with other inter-departmental supervisors to assure quality patient and family care.
- Assess high risk patient/family admissions.
- Assure social work and bereavement team are staffed and available to patients and families.
- Must be willing to attend community events and fundraisers as an agency representative.
- Works with management to monitor staffing needs and project future staffing levels; organizes and prepares work schedules for employees; maintains staffing guidelines regarding client census.
- Acts as a psychosocial resource to all clinical staff.
- Participates in clinical observational visits of social work staff.
- Provides input on program standards, policies, and procedures.
- Participates in committees and special projects as assigned.
- Collaborates with other departments to facilitate internal patient satisfaction.
- Coordinates social work representation at interdisciplinary meetings.
- Maintains a liaison with the patient, their families, support departments, etc. to adequately plan for the patients’ needs.
- Must genuinely care for and understand the terminally ill and disabled popultations.
- Must possess the ability to deal tactfully with personnel, patients, family members, visitors, government agency personnel and the general public.
- Strictly adheres to NASW Standards for Palliative & End of Life Care.
- Must be a licensed social worker in good standing with the WV Board of Social Work Examiners.
Full Time Nightshift Registered Nurse (Bowers Hospice House)
Be a part of an interdisciplinary team of skilled and caring people. Registered Nurse candidates must work well in a team environment and be willing to provide hospice care in Bowers Hospice House at night. Salary to commensurate with experience.
PRN LPN (Bowers Hospice House)
Be a part of an interdisciplinary team of skilled and caring people. PRN LPN candidates must work well in a team environment and be willing to provide hospice care in Bowers Hospice House on an “as-needed” basis. Salary to commensurate with experience.
PRN CNA (Bowers Hospice House)
Be a part of an interdisciplinary team of skilled and caring people. PRN CNA candidates must work well in a team environment and be willing to provide hospice care in Bowers Hospice House on an “as-needed” basis. Salary to commensurate with experience.
Full Time Weekend Nurse (On Call)
*Full Time and Part Time positions available Rotating Weekend on-call and some weekday hours are required. Weekend hours are: Friday 4:30pm-8:30am Monday*
- Maintains excellent relationships with all patients and families, referral sources, employees and communities we serve.
- Provides skilled nursing care in response to patient/family calls in homes or in facilities.
- Assesses the patient’s and/or family’s needs with attention to pain and symptom management.
- Responds/intervenes appropriately during shift (call hours) to unexpected outcomes (falls, emergency room visits, etc.).
- Facilitates hospice transfer to inpatient setting, notifying hospital or skilled nursing facility admission department/supervisor, and/or emergency room of hospice patients identify, diagnosis, symptoms, and full hand off report.
- Educates the patient/family regarding care and other identified needs related to the illness of the patient and symptom management.
- Counsels and provides emotional support to the patient/family during the dying and grieving process.
- Attends death, provides emotional support, provides postmortem care and assists with patient discharge.
- Travel required with reimbursed mileage. Competitive benefits package and salary commensurate with experience.
Education and Experience:
A graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing who is currently licensed as a RN or LPN in the State of West Virginia. Minimum of one (1) year of professional experience in the delivery of nursing services in Hospice, Home Health or Hospital, preferably two (2) years.
Send resumes to:
Hospice of Southern West Virginia
P.O. Box 1472
Beckley, WV 25802
Or by E-Mail: [email protected]
For internship opportunities at Hospice of Southern West Virginia, please call our administrative office at (304) 255-6404.